“Pick My Brain” Session
We love connecting with people, providing resources, sharing insider information and doing the leg work on the ground during our trips and travels so you can skip the line and plan an epic vacation. We love suggesting opportunities and sharing the lesser-talked-about “things to know” about a travel destination.
We put a ton of effort into our own trip planning AND we do a lot of work in the destinations to gather as much information as we can to help you travel better. We take meticulous notes, spend hours talking with locals and other travellers and search out the things that travel agents and other travellers aren’t telling you.
We never want to leave you hanging. We also can’t give away hours of time on free advice. To answer these requests, we have developed a “Pick My Brain” session.
A “Pick My Brain” session is a fully loaded, high-value, information-intensive zoom meeting that can get you started and guide you in the right direction when it comes to planning your next trip.
Here’s How It Works
A 60-minute zoom call full of insightful, honest and valuable information, ideas, resources, do’s & dont’s.
Audio file with the recorded session, for your personal use and review, and to avoid wasting time taking notes.
Intake survey to help guide the conversation and offer the best ideas, information, & resources. This helps us prep for the call and come prepared with resources and information we think will be most helpful to you.
What You Can Expect From Our Calls
A 60-minute session packed with information, ideas, solutions, resources and insider information so you can plan your best trips.
- We only take calls based on destinations we’ve personally experienced – because we’re only making recommendations based on our actual experiences.
- Insider information we can’t share publically – these are the things no one else is talking about (but you should know). For example, if Google says it’s a $13 euro cab ride but it’s actually $50 (that kind of thing) or if there’s a better way to get somewhere!
- Recommendations, connections & suggestions based on your travel style (if we find an amazing local service, we get their name and info and will share it with you, if a “top-rated” attraction is disappointing, we’ll tell you).
- These sessions are designed to help you get the information you need to plan the best trip of your life.
What You Should Know
It’s important that you understand our travel style because you’ll get more out of these sessions if our style aligns with yours. Here are a few things you should know about us and our travel style:
- We consider ourselves “bougie adventurers”. We love a white water rafting or hiking adventure but we’re not camping or sleeping on the ground. We like very comfortable accommodations with lots of amenities.
- We’re not “budget” travellers. While we are budget-aware, we aren’t out looking for the cheapest deals (although we do note pricing on our trips so we can relay different options for you).
- We’re foodies – like, serious foodies! Food is a huge part of our travel and we spend a good deal of our budget exploring the food scenes of our destinations.
- We look for unique accommodations so you’ll often find us in unique B&Bs, glamping domes, and Airbnb (just as often as you’ll find us in 4-star or better hotels).
- We’re outdoor enthusiasts who love active vacations – so hiking, walking, water sports, etc.
- We don’t mind driving and you’ll often find us on long-haul road trips!
Your style doesn’t have to match ours exactly, but it’s important you’re aware of the type of travellers we are – because those are the experiences we can speak from!
What These Sessions Are Not
This session isn’t a fully mapped out itinerary – that will be up to you but we’ll give you all the info we gathered to help make that possible.
- We’re not travel agents – we won’t be booking tours, flights or hotels. This is a consulting service and we’ll provide high-value information that you can use to book an incredible trip.
“Pick My Brain” Session Cost
$100 CAD for an hour – we’ll send an invoice for consulting services and payment must be made prior to the call. You’ll get a full hour, plus a recording and any additional resources we agree would be helpful for you.
How to Book
Email [email protected] and we’ll schedule a call!
You can find a complete list of our trip & travel consultations here. These are trips we’ve taken and are comfortable making recommendations!